RUSTIC LOG AND TIMBER MANTELS LLC
438 Balsam Road, Crystal Falls, MI 49920 | Phone: 906-822-0112
RUSTIC FIREPLACE MANTELS AND LOG MANTELS BY BEST OF NATURE
The rustic fireplace mantels and log fire place mantels by Best of Nature give you a large selection of fireplace mantel designs and many options.
Wood fireplace mantels are carefully crafted by hand, utilizing many of the same hand tools used from the late 1700-early 1900’s! Antique hand held drawknives, mallets, chisels and more are still in use, crafting Natures best into a beautiful rustic wood fireplace mantel shelf. No machines will ever match the natural beauty and smooth, drawknife textured finish of a handcrafted rustic log or timber beam mantel shelf!
Your rustic timber or log mantel choices include the Rustic Fireplace
Mantel (RFM style) the Handcrafted Log Mantel (HLM style) the Hand
Hewn Timber Beam
Rustic Mantel Photo
Mantels Photo Gallery.
Click on any image
above to see a larger picture.
Log mantels by Best of Nature are completely handcrafted, leaving a beautiful rustic finish to adorn the log mantel.Shown below is the Hand-Hewn Timber Beam (HTB Style) log mantel. Personalize your fireplace and rustic home furnishings by adding a Best of Nature mantel! This fireplace mantel style can replicate an antique fireplace mantel for your decor.
Click on any image above to see a larger picture.
For More Antique Timber Mantels Click Here.
Fireplace mantels by Best of Nature are available in many sizes, species, and lengths. Shown below are handcrafted Naturewoods mantels, with optional decorative logs/corbels beneath the mantel. Contact our staff for prices and optional features of the various log mantel designs. These options can include: fireplace mantel and surrounds, custom wood mantels, and more!
Click on any image
above to see a larger picture.
Rustic log fireplace mantels and the antique wood timber mantels are
available in various sizes and lengths.
A) Hand Crafted Log Mantel (HLM Style): This is a medium rustic wood log style mantel. Available in quarter round profile with a rustic round front. Approximate dimensions are 6 - 7½”+ tall, and 7½ - 9” deep. Prices will average from $ 296-$ 588+ for 4’-8’ lengths.
B) Rustic Fireplace Mantel (RFM Style): Our beautiful handcrafted log mantel, with naturally occurring colors, more pronounced characteristics, knots and grain patterns. Average dimensions are 7-10’’ tall and 7-10’’ deep. Based on final size needed, costs can average $339-$427+ for 4' - 4' 6" up to $688-$862 for 7' - 8' lengths, depending on final length and mantel shelf size.
C) Hand Hewn Timber Beam Mantels (HTB Style):
This antique mantel style is approx. 6 - 6½”+ tall and 7½ -
9” average depths. Larger and smaller mantel stock always available. Costs average
$296-$688+ for 4’-8’ lengths, and
depending on the final height/depth and amount of character. Mantels
can feature various hand hewn/timber frame accents such as existing
notches (filled or open), & pegs from buildings built in the 1800’s.
Clear stock (without existing accents) also available. Call us at 906-822-0112
for prices on custom size you may need.
How to order your Rustic Fireplace Mantel
2) Review the available options. These may include the lower log or timber corbels, or other details. Corbel prices can vary depending on the overall sizes/dia. of them. For the log mantel style corbels, these will average $76 - $96 per pair for 6 ½-8”dia., $96 - $124 for 8” - 9”.The labor for the “scribe to fit notching” of the mantel and corbels, and hardware to fasten corbels to the mantel can add $154 - $180+/-.
2A) The HTB style corbels $154 - $254 per pair depending on the desired profile. They are also hand hewn to MATCH the mantel. For attaching corbels to the mantel, we take time to dialogue with you on the best placement, as they are scribed and fitted into the mantel bottom by a notching process. Visit CORBELS webpage for various options and profiles if you may want to add corbels to your mantel.
3) Prefinishing services: some customers like to finish the mantels themselves. Others want their mantle finished so upon it‘s arrival, is ready for installation. Finishing costs will vary based on the mantel size and options (if corbels are added). The hand hewn timber beam mantels and our log sytle mantels are available with colored stains and clear topcoats. Once the mantel is ready for the staining, we can email a color chip for your confirmation of 3-6 stain color choices. Average costs will range $78-$144 depending on length and mantel options selected. Finishes are hand-applied for a smoother finish. We strive for a professional furniture grade finish!
4) Packaging/Crating: We ship all over the United
States-coast to coast! For shipping a mantel, we won’t take any
chances for drops or dings/ dents that could occur during transit, and
damage the wooden mantels. The mantel is securely wrapped in a thick
cardboard wrap, and then a plywood crate is built to fully protect all
contents inside. We are proud of the fact we have shipped mantels all
over the U.S. and other countries without any damages or claims!
5) When you are prepared to order your log mantel, contact us at 906-822-0112 to discuss your needs and ideas. Visit the log fireplace mantel inventory page to view current stock mantels. These will show you the full spectrum of sizes, characteristics, etc. to help you visualize which rustic log mantel to choose for your fireplace.
6) We have Lay-Away Plans for those of you who wish to secure a price and a scheduled production date. The Lay-away plan is for those of you who need material in a 1½ - 3 month time window, and allows you to select a mantel prior to your needed delivery dates.
"From the very first
contact, we where treated
like friends rather than
"The mantel is just
beautiful! I can't say enough about how all went along without a hitch;
from start to finish. You followed through on each task you
committed to. We thank you for the guidance and the beautiful
"Countree Living provided us
with so many choices, and helped us through every part of the decision
process. Accommodating us for a visit to the workshop was most
helpful. We feel your staff was a major role in our house
"We received our mantel, and
we were extremely pleased! It's exactly what we where hoping
for. You really did a wonderful job and I appreciate it very
much. A true work of art. Thank you!"
"Your staff went the extra
mile to help us. Our mantel turned out better than we had
expected! It is the most beautiful thing in our house, and more
than worth every dollar we spent."
"As an architectural
design/build firm, we found that with your unique products and business
approach, our homes are one of a kind.
If you are interested in visiting our home office, please contact us for available appointment times and directions.